Monday, July 7, 2008

We Have the Power

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds."
2 Corinthians 10:4

This morning I've been thinking about the strongholds that hold me captive. Fear so often has me encircled and bound, yet according to Scripture I don't need to remain living as a prisoner. God's Word says that I have access to weapons that are "out of this world". Not only are they incredibly unique, but they are intentionally useful, having the power to completely destroy strongholds.

What is keeping you from experiencing freedom in Christ today? If you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have also received all you will ever need to combat bondage. Are you accessing the power available to you today? Can you say with the Psalmist, "You are God my stronghold", Psalm 43:2.

post signature

3 comments:

valerie said...

Sita is such a sweet, special friend to me. One of the first people I started talking to on a regular basis when I started blogging. She is a precious angel!

Your prayer on her blog caused tears to flow down my cheeks. I want you to know that I read your prayer out loud and am agreeing with each word you spoke. What a sweet prayer.

I know God is going to show Sita a wonderful miracle of His faithfulness and I can't wait to be in on it. Isn't that exciting?

Thank you. You are a blessing.

Love,
Valerie

Sita said...

Was reminded today that Jesus is my Kinsman Redeemer as Boaz was for Ruth. You both brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Thank you.

JMBMOMMY said...

Enjoying your blog today! I feel this very topic has really been a theme in my life over the past year. Freedom in Christ -- Living in the Spirit and truly believing that His Grace is Enough for me Today! I threw my hands up some time back and said (maybe screamed) "I can't do it. I will finally live in the Spirit -- and I trust you Christ with the outcome! I think that lack of trust is what keeps me from experiencing freedom. I have trusted in the Law for so long -- this new Freedom is a bit scary but VERY exciting!