Tuesday, December 3, 2013

This and That

This. is. a. busy. season.

Over the past month or so I have been writing a blog post immediately after having my quiet time with the Lord first thing in the morning.  Discipline and time would coincide, but unfortunately right now, instead they collide.

It's so frustrating.  The Lord speaks to my heart.   I journal and get so excited.  Then I look at my clock.  I'm already running late for the days activities.  December is a happening month!

I'm also praying about what the Lord wants me to do in 2014.  Recently the Lord has brought the idea of an on-line chronological daily Bible reading endeavor  that would provide interaction and accountability to those wanting to stay consistently connected to God's Word.  So many need a place and a friend with whom to be accountable.  This would be a huge commitment for me.  Writing. Video's. Guest posts. Daily consistency.

(I have a Christian broadcast on in the background as I'm typing this and the speaker just said: "We need to be accountable!")

Waiting on the Lord for His direction.  Wondering if anyone would even be interested.   Then there's the four Bible Studies I'm keeping up with that will resume in January.  Lord, give me wisdom.

In other news, today my church hosted the Message of Hope, Christmas Event Special for ladies.  Over 200 women attended the catered breakfast and were encouraged to keep trusting the Lord.  It was a delightful morning.  One precious elderly lady who was visiting for the first time, shared with me through tears afterwards, that the morning reminded her of teaching she received in her childhood and how much she loved Jesus.  She shed tears.  Not tears of sadness, but tears of great love.  So overwhelmed by His love there is no other response.  Words fall short.  Emotions overflow.  I think sometimes tears are the most beautiful compliment of loving expression.

Anyway, just wanted to share what was going through my mind tonight.  I feel like I fail the days I don't have time to write here.  I can be very demanding on myself.

Not sure what tomorrow will hold.  I miss not being here daily.

I love all of you who take the time to visit. You are each so dear to my heart.



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this Joy! So glad to have connected with you through compel and pray for peace and wisdom as there are lots of activities to juggle in the month of december. i pray he gives you a clear mind in moving forward with the great ideas you have! excited to see where you go.

Meg
www.partyforthree.blogspot.com
join me in the challenge Word-A-Day: Finding Christ in Christmas (more details on the blog!)