Thursday, July 9, 2009

Leanness of Soul

"And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." Psalm 106:15

Are you familiar with the cliche, "be careful what you ask for, you just may get it"? I think the Israelites may have come to understand the full impact of that statement several times as they journeyed to the Promised Land.

God's Word says that His people refused to wait for His counsel, so He gave them what they asked for, but at the same time brought emptiness to their heart.

Have you ever experienced that nothingness? The thing you were positive would fulfill that desperate longing left you lacking. You received, but you were not satisfied. It's a fleeting filling that falls short leaving your soul starving.

Todd Bentley says that a lean soul is one without power, revelation, revival or Word from the Lord.

Think I need to be careful what I ask for from the Lord. God may give me what I ask, because of my persistency, but at what cost? I believe I would rather have a 'no', than accompanying leanness to my soul. I would so rather my soul be filled if my petition is not.

What about you?



post signature

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

I would rather have Him than anything else...I must remind myself of his goodness daily, hourly, minutely lest i forget.

Love you, Joy and have surely missed my daily dose of your blog...but summer'll be over before we know it and I'll be back!!
lisa