Saturday, November 7, 2009

Casting My Lot

"O Lord, you know every heart. Show us which of these men you have chosen..." Acts 1:23

Lord, just yesterday You heard a similar prayer from my lips. Needing to make two decisions, I was imploring You for guidance. How I hate the thought of moving contrary to Your will for me. I think the struggle comes when neither option is wrong or bad, but only one is Your desire. Father, see my searching, seeking heart. Know my longing to be in the center of Your will alone. With the information before me and a "multitude of counselors", (Proverbs 11:14), a choice must be made. Father, guide me I pray. If I somehow miss hearing Your voice correctly, please remember my burning desire to be obedient and forgive my waywardness. Would You close any door that would take me down a path You haven't planned for me. Again I am reminded that my job is to trust and Your job is to show the way. Lord, give me the assurance that You're walking ahead of me and purposefully leading. You "have chosen" and I wait to be shown. Father, I'm praying for Your heart, for Your glory. I am casting my lot. Throwing out my all. Waiting for Your will to be revealed.



post signature

1 comment:

Carol said...

Was reading this and will open discussion....

if neither option is bad... how can only 1 be God's will?