Monday, November 9, 2009

Overlooked

"...their widows were being overlooked..." Acts 6:1

Do you ever feel overlooked, passed by, neglected, ignored, forgotten?

This morning, a post I read almost two years ago now is reminding me of truth. Many times I have held on to this sentence shared, embracing it through tears of disappointment. It has brought healing and hope when hurt threatened to harden my heart and leave me in despair.

"Overlooked by everyone else. Handpicked by God." Lysa TerKeurst

Just four days ago, Lysa wrote another post entitled, "Chosen", echoing a similar message. God not only sees me, but has selected me. I am an object of design not default. I'm not the last alternative, but the apple of His eye.

Today, I am not overlooked. El Roi, the God who sees, has His eye on me. I can't ever allow feelings or circumstances to tell me otherwise. God's eyesight, unlike mine, has not grown dimmer with the passing time. He knows everything I will face today and all my tomorrow's. He has experienced the loneliness of isolation and the feeling of being forsaken. Although these emotions cannot be denied at times, I can deny their authority over me, for I have been chosen by the King of Kings.

"Overlooked by everyone else. Handpicked by God."

Deliberately, individually touched by the hand of God.

post signature

4 comments:

~Grace and Peace said...

That is a great truth from Lysa. Thank you for sharing that.

This was a tough weekend. We just found out that the college my son is attending is doing away with the monthly tuition plan (after only 1 quarter!) and requiring the full Winter payment by 12/15. I have been trying to focus on God and His provision instead of being worried. I know He is El Roi, He sees His daughter crying out for help. I know He is Jehovah Jireh - He will provide. I just need to remember it.

ctgardengirl said...

The title caught my eye. The post spoke to my heart. I have times and seasons when I feel like this too. So I try to remember to count my blessings before I go too far down that road, because no good will come of it.
I am, indeed, chosen and handpicked by God. Thank you for this reminder.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well, friend, I have thought about you a lot over the past few days, wishing you were closer and part of my everyday life! If anything, my past weekend emphasized to me how much I'm missing close friendships in my life and am in desperate need of them!

I just opened Christmas early here at my address. The Mark Masri CD is a perfect fit for my mood. I am getting ready to change out the CD's for Christmas and can't wait to have a listen. I always get at least one new Christmas CD every year, so this one is it! I wish he were coming around here again this year; guess this is a good compromise.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and making sure I was not overlooked this week. You're right... I could use a little early Christmas.

Love you precious friend and will touch base with you this week with a phone call. I'm under the weather and haven't done a thing today.

Love you.

peace~elaine

Eagles Wings said...

not only handpicked by God, but rejoiced over...
check out this post I share about Zeph. 3:17
http://eagleswings98.blogspot.com/2009/10/it-is-such-awesome-interpretaion-of.html