Wednesday, November 25, 2009

War of Worlds

"So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace." Romans 8:6

A war has waged in my mind today. A war between panic and peace. A war between sin and Spirit. Worry has caused my heart to walk a path of death today instead of life.

"Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not." (Aragorn, Lord of the Rings)

Open war is upon me. The thief has come to steal my trust, kill and sacrifice my life and destroy my spiritual progress. Demonic opposition is delivering oppression. Hell has been enraged and satanic forces are hurling their mightiest weapons.

It's not peaceful in the invisible. A war of worlds is being fought. The evil one has a plan and an army behind the scenes and he's looking for an intentional attack moment to terrorize, torture and immobilize. He knows my weakness and the battle for my life is raging with intensity. Ground zero has been my mind.

Health concerns and medical appointments tomorrow morning have caused concern. My mind is racing to possible what if's. It hasn't helped to read today of being called to share in Christ's suffering (Romans 8:17), and encouraged to rejoice in trials (Romans 5:3).

Lord, I pray you will bind satan from further assault. Father give victory. The powers of darkness and spiritual forces of evil are wielding weapons at my mind, but they cannot stand against You.





post signature

2 comments:

~Grace and Peace said...

Joining you in prayer for deliverance from the spiritual attack. And the grace to go through whatever God plans for you. We'll walk alongside you, Joy. You are never alone.

Lutiemom said...

Dear Joy,
This morning as I read your comments, I am thankful for your ability to put into words the thoughts and fears that trouble your heart and mind. Walking in faith and not by sight is often scarey; not knowing what lies ahead can sometimes feel overwhelming.

Thankfully we know the our God is great and able to overcome. I will be praying for His will today.