Thursday, September 17, 2009

Favour

“O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honouring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favourable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.” Nehemiah 1:11

I was speaking with a friend just yesterday who is discouraged in her area of ministry at the church she attends. The Lord has placed an idea very clearly on her heart, yet at this point still, the leadership has refused to allow her to make the necessary changes in her ministry area. As I read Nehemiah’s prayer, her situation came to my mind.

Maybe we too know what needs to happen to see God work, but someone is blocking our way. In order to receive what we need, God has to first move their hearts on our behalf. God is able to change the hearts of those in authority over us. He can touch their hearts to bring about the outcome we feel the Lord desires to see. God can grant us favour with those in leadership over us. God’s favour can make the way for my friend to receive a positive response.

A little book I’ve been reading by Dave Early entitled, “The 21 Most Effective Prayers of the Bible” asks the following personal questions in regards to Nehemiah’s prayer. “Who needs to grant you favour if you are to carry out your ministry? With whom do you need favour if you are going to be able to follow God’s heart? ‘Grant me favour’ is one prayer we may need to use often. Start praying it now, and see what God can do for you.”



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. :)

~Grace and Peace said...

Joy,
I am praying for your discouraged friend. May God grant her the grace to wait in His time. It is not easy to wait (I know!). But God will honor her for doing so.

On Purpose said...

AS Beth Moore said this morning in the intro video for her Esther Bible Study..."There is NO place God cannot go!" LOVE IT!!!

And I love you my friend...you bring the everyday life situations and surround them with the word and Jesus...and it is so amazing!

On Purpose said...

AS Beth Moore said this morning in the intro video for her Esther Bible Study..."There is NO place God cannot go!" LOVE IT!!!

And I love you my friend...you bring the everyday life situations and surround them with the word and Jesus...and it is so amazing!