Friday, December 25, 2009

There

“Please give my personal greetings to each of our friends there.” 3 John 15

Personal greetings to each of our friends “there”.

This morning my thoughts wander to another ‘there’.

“And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.” Luke 2:6

"There". A place of new beginnings.

“There”. The place were God has positioned you right now. A place of promise, provision and purpose.

Where is your “there”?

As I reflect back over this year, my “there” found our family walking unwanted paths this year. My Dad was hospitalized for eight months and our time “there” taught us patience and trust. Our “there” ushered in questions, pain and confusion, but also deeper trust and faith.

“There” also required dependence on God this year as my husband's job hung in the balance for awhile. We are so thankful that he is still employed by General Motors.

Physically my health brought challenges in another place of “there”, but God was so kind to intervene and restore.

“There” also finds my son seeking guidance for University next fall. We are praying for God’s “there” to be revealed as he sends out applications for further study.

In the next month my son will also complete his A.R.C.T. solo performer’s exam and we marvel that the Lord has brought him “there”.

Some family concerns continue to call us to walk a “there” that has us seeking God alone. Circumstances not our choice, yet still allowed through God’s sovereignty and grace.

A “there” with several new friendships has brought much delight, as God has placed us purposefully in the lives of others.

In the verse above, Mary’s place of “there” was a place of deliverance. There is something God desires to release in us, through us and around us in our place of “there”.

I pray that today will find you “there”.
“There” beside the manger.
“There” surrendered to His will.
“There” receiving God’s promise.
“There” listening to His heartbeat.
“There” surrendered in obedience.
“There” kneeling before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
“There” held in His embrace.

My prayers are with you in your place of “there”. Know wherever you are, you are loved…much loved.

Merry Christmas and God's richest blessings. May His presence be your best present today and always.

(I just read the following blog post written by my friend Leah at "The Point". Please click over and read her thoughts. She is sharing the names of God, and here she shares about Jehovah-shammah, "The Lord is there".)

post signature

3 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Merry Christmas, my friend. I so want my 'there' to be kneeling before Him in utter submission to His will...whatever that looks like.

I hope you have a blessed day and a wonderful holiday week.

Leah

morningDove said...

there, there. i love Mary's there. my 2009 theres were not where i thought i would be. But God is with me there. thanks for sharing this, i came here from there(Lysa's blog).

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Loved reading about your "there" again this Christmas day. Hope it's been wonderful. Mine has been surprisingly great!

peace~elaine