Tuesday, December 8, 2009

War of the Worlds

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12

"Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not." (Aragorn, Lord of the Rings)

I should have anticipated this assault. Scheduled to speak at a Ladies Christmas Tea this morning the evil one is trying to undermine my testimony and make me feel inadequate and unworthy. A situation was totally blown out of proportion last night. Stress levels ran high. Again I failed in my response. I feel like the very last person who should be going and sharing with these precious ladies in just a couple of hours.

Open war is upon our family...upon me. The thief has come to steal my trust, kill and sacrifice my life and destroy my spiritual progress. Demonic opposition is delivering oppression. Hell has been enraged and satanic forces are hurling their mightiest weapons. Fiery arrows of doubt, anger, unkind words, resentment and judgement are positioned and aimed, waiting to make the kill.

It's not peaceful in the invisible. A war of worlds is being fought. The evil one has a plan and an army behind the scenes and he's looking for an intentional attack moment to terrorize and torture. He knows my weakness and the battle for my life is raging with intensity.

Lord, I pray you will bind satan from further assault. Father give victory. The powers of darkness and spiritual forces of evil are wielding weapons, but they cannot stand against You. Give me strength to take up all of Your armor. Lord, "deep inside this armor this warrior is a child" and again I fall before You, drop my sword, and cry for just awhile.



post signature

7 comments:

Brandee said...

Joy, I just prayed for you this morning. The message you are going to give today is one that Satan does not want to be heard. I totally understand where you are because I will be speaking in the morning myself and the last week since I have been preparing my emotions have been under attack. Attacks from discouragement, discontentment, from my husband and things he has said, a project added onto my plate that has to be done this week for Will that was not anticipated, it is all those unseen forces trying to get me off track for tomorrow. Same for you. I am praying for you Joy, I look forward to hearing about the victory later in the day after you speak :)

Love You sister,
Brandee

~Grace and Peace said...

Joy,
The late Adrian Rogers once said that if you are being attacked then it means you are doing something for the Kingdom. And YOU, my dear sister, has been doing something for His Kingdom since I have been blessed to stumble upon your blog. Keep your armor on. Wield that Sword and know that the heavenly forces are around you.

May God speak through you to the ladies today. Fight on!

CC said...

Praying for you Joy. CC

Amy said...

The war will continue but He will fight for you.

Lauren Delaine said...

I truly believe that those circumstances you encountered, that attack, your very response--makes you all the more RIGHT for the plan He has for you to speak before those women.

You're walking it before you talk it. Not that I know at all what you'll be talking about.

He is faithful and I believe He has gone before you to fight the battle.

I pray His hedge covers you.

Much love,

Rena Gunther
insertgracehere.com

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I understand; he's on us as well. I further understand that God's "on us" supersedes the enemy's when allowed.

Allowing God his work in me this day; the "welcome mat" is out and on the ready. Praying that God will keep me aware of his presence amidst the pain.

Love you friend.

peace~elaine

gallerhea said...

Thank you for sharing your struggles, as well as your victories. God has called us to bear each other's burdens (Galatians 6:2).

I see your name and great comments a lot, and feel like I am reading a passage written by a friend, even though we have never met...I know it is because, in Christ, we are all sisters, whether or not we go to the same church, or whether or not we have even seen each other face to face.

Keep on fighting the good fight, and remember, God loves you more than you can ever imagine!

:) Rhea
gallerhea@yahoo.com