Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wisdom

“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5

I'm doing something today I haven't done all year. It's not because I'm busy. It's not because the Lord didn't speak to me through His Word this morning. It's not because I don't have much to say. It's because God directed, and I'm being obedient.

This morning my dear sweet friend Melissa posted a writing on her blog that she wrote last year. The scripture above was foundational in her writing. I am the "another friend" quoted in Melissa's article. I think many of you know that I struggle with anxiety and experienced a year of depression. Melissa has written such a powerful, precise, purposeful, personal perspective on anxiety and depression, I believe everyone should read it. Please click on Melissa's name...and tell her Joy sent you :)

Love to you all today!

post signature

5 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

Joy,

I did not know that James 1:5 was today's Chronological reading (I fell back in the reading a few months ago, sadly). How cool it God to weave it together like that!!?? I love that.

And yes, you are the "another friend"...and I so appreciated you allowing me to use a portion of your battle and story. It just keeps being used again and again. I think its so important to acknowledge that yes the Lord grants us wisdom, but we have to keep going back for it. We need Him everyday, not just for a one time healing. It's continual. Relationship is necessary.

I pray you are having a lovely day. You must be freezing up there because we are freezing down here!

Hugs,
Melissa

Leah Adams said...

JOy, my friend,

I am so far behind. I kept wondering why I was not gettin feeds from your blog and then I remembered that you had two blogs and I went to check this one. Lo and behold, you are writing over here. I am so sorry that I have missed all that has gone on with you these past months.

Now, I am back on track. I'll be checking in each day.

Take care.
Leah

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Was just there; thanks for directing me accordingly.

Love you friend; please don't be too hard on yourself. I think things will calm down once Dec. 31st arrives (you know what I mean by this). Then, the pressure won't be there and you can write with constraints/restraints. But make no mistake; this hasn't been wasted time.

You will look back with "joy" and peace regarding the entire year.

Love you so much; and just in case you're tempted to think otherwise, you ARE my "small and near."

~elaine

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I meant "without" constraints/restraints. I'm a horrible proofer; can you tell?

~elaine

~Grace and Peace said...

I was just there, Joy. Thanks for "introducing" me yet again to another sister. (((HUGS)))