Thursday, November 28, 2013

Grace


Hi dear friends....I'm so sorry I've been "missing in action".  I have much I want to share with you, but limited time.  My husband was off work yesterday and he whisked me away for a fun day of Christmas shopping out of town.  We started like this:


That's a Cranberry/White Chocolate Scone and a Gingerbread Latte. (Just want you to fully appreciate it!)

We mostly "window-shopped" but we had such fun.

We picked up supper from Dairy Queen, (and no we didn't just have ice-cream), and then came home to watch a video by the fire....until...we lost our power and all electricity was out.

We discovered I had 5 flashlights under the bed on my side (always prepared!) and we had candles lit in no time.  Just when it was starting to really feel chilly, the power came back on.

As I sat by the limited lighting I reached for my devotional book to do a little reading and had to smile when I read: "God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

His Word is always timely.  Trust you are finding it to be so as well.

Crazy day today and tomorrow.  Home days, but a full plate.  No guarantees I'll be able to make it back here.  I knew this would happen eventually, but I'll do my best to return as soon as possible.

It's been fun reading so many American updates today as friends are celebrating Thanksgiving.  I'm going to jump in and express thanks to all of you who bless me in countless ways with your comments, messages, emails and cards.  So thankful to know you as friends.

post signature

No comments: