Friday, November 15, 2013

The Essence of His Presence

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.  For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing."  2 Corinthians 2:14-15

As a little girl my mom would always pray with me at home each morning before I left for school.  In fact, she would pray with ALL the friends who stopped at our house to walk to school with my sister and I.  At times our front entrance would be filled with a dozen youngsters.  I don't know that my sister and I were really that popular, but our home was known for refreshing cool drinks of water and candy, so it was a wonderful half-way mark for many making their journey to school each morning.

My mom had another beautiful practice as well.  On exam days she would spray a little perfume on my wrist and remind me that when I was writing the exam, and maybe a question appeared a little daunting, the aroma of the perfume would help me remember that she was at home praying for me.

One day I arrived at school and was talking with a girlfriend when she suddenly asked, "What smells so nice?"

Without hesitation I answered, "It's my mother's prayers."

She replied, "They sure do smell nice."

God's Word tell us that we are to be the fragrance of Christ to the saved and the perishing and that our prayers rise as a sweet smelling aroma to Him. (See Leviticus 23:13, 18.)

Whenever you apply a little touch of your favourite scent, may the lovely perfume throughout the day remind you to diffuse His essence reflecting His presence.

post signature

No comments: