Thursday, November 7, 2013

One-Sentence Biography

Good morning lovely friends.

I'll be honest, my heart is full with something the Lord spoke to me this morning, and although my heart is full, my time is empty!  Meetings and needs are pushing in and today I can't push back.  The clock is dictating my day.

So, this morning I want to quickly share the last thing I saw as I headed to bed last night.  I was closing down all the programs running on my computer and as I went to sign out of Facebook, I noticed my son had written a status update.  This is what he wrote:

" 'So he did what the Lord had told him.' (1 Kings 17:5 NIV)  A one-sentence biography that outshines others of great length.  Hope it can be mine."

Oh friends.  When my misty eyes cleared I wrote a comment and asked him: Did you write that or are you quoting someone?  He immediately responded with, "Straight from my own noggin."  :-)

I am one blessed mom.  My son's "noggin" is not only brilliant (yes, I can say that, I'm his mom), but far more importantly His heart is desiring for His life testimony to be one of obedience.

That's what I desire my one-sentence biography to be.  So she did what the Lord had told her.  That's all that truly needs to be said.  Can it be said of you today?

post signature

3 comments:

Jill Beran said...

Absolutely love this Joy!! Brings tears here as well!! Praying it will be my kids's bio as well, but know it better be mine if I expect it to be there's!! Your boy has had a great and brilliant teacher!! Blessings to you today!!!

Cheri Bunch said...

I love this, Joy! Day 9 of Beth's book goes perfectly along with. The Lord is speaking! I'm listening, taking it all in, asking for grace to do what He says.

Blessings to you and yours!

Hugs,
Cheri

Lois said...

That is all we need to do,-- obey His commands. The Lord truly blesses you. Thank you.