Saturday, November 2, 2013

I Did It!!!

"What is not started today is never finished tomorrow." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well...I made it!  Day 31 !!!  I committed to write a blog post for 31 days in a row, and today is the last day!  I have thoroughly enjoyed being more intentional again with my writing, and I absolutely love how the Lord gave me something daily to share with you all.  I always wrote first thing in the morning, right after my quiet time with the Lord.  It has brought back so many memories from 2009 when I shared here every day as a form of accountability.  WOW...how did I do that?  That was 365 posts!

So, what happens now?  Quite honestly I don't know.  I know I have two readers, and they have been so encouraging. Thank you for your faithful comments.  I also know there are days when my fingers can't type as fast as my thoughts flow.  There are times that I am overwhelmed with such a compulsion to write that my heart is racing until I'm able to release His words in me.

Is blogging discouraging?  Yes...often.  Some days I think the Lord has impressed such an urgent message on my heart to share, and He appears to be the only One who sees my obedience.  Then I question...Lord, why?  Those days have become special.  They are the days He is sharing sacred secrets with me.

Other times I see or hear of bloggers who receive such following, input and advancement and I wonder what are they doing differently?  Yes, some comparison creeps in, but for consideration and teaching.  What are they doing that is drawing readers to return?  What can I learn from them?  I don't want to ever write here in competition, but in compliment.  God has given many of us a similar message, but we reach a different audience.

I know I have a very small social media following, and quite honestly, it takes time to develop connection with others in "blog world".  My priority is face-to-face so no doubt that limits the time it takes to make consistent networking relationships.   I don't want to be responding to you just to get my presence out there and my name seen.  I respond when heart meets heart and Jesus speaks to me through His Spirit expressed in His Words.

I also realize it's not all about statistics and numbers.  I often think of the gift I'm giving to family for generations to come.  Great-great-great grandchildren will one day read a legacy of faith lived generations ago, and precious children,  Lord willing, be encouraged and blessed by an old lady who even prays for them now.

So friends, I don't know what the plan is tomorrow, but God does.  I will wait on Him for direction.  Thank You for giving me the gift of your time, a precious commodity.  You have blessed me.


post signature

1 comment:

Cheri Bunch said...

My life is richer because of your commitment to write, Joy! I pray that you will continue! Your posts are rich with wisdom. Should you decide to stop for awhile, I will miss you so much! Thank you for sharing your heart. You have made a difference in my life!

I am proud of you for sticking to your goal! Awesome!

Much love and hugs,
Cheri