Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nothings Wasted

Well, quite honestly, I thought it would be easier to stop!

For anyone reading my blog for the first time, yesterday I completed my goal of writing 31 days in a row.  Quite honestly, I was looking forward to a morning's rest.  It takes disciplined scheduling to get up early, spend time in God's Word, pray, then sit before this screen and write something that I pray is prompted and inspired by the Holy Spirit.  I truly was not expecting to be back this soon.  Yet, when God speaks, I feel such an urgency to share His Word.

Today I must choose which one of three possible directions to take.  I think what I'll do is share the short writing that has moved my heart deeply this morning from a book entitled, "Kept for the Master's Use", by Frances Ridley Havergal.  Since Sunday's are a day of rest, I may continue to choose to impart a Sabbath sharing on the Lord's Day of quotes or other readings that are so powerful my mere words couldn't do justice in the retelling.  I pray the following will speak as powerfully to you as it did to me.

Used by God

"But the Holy Spirit will come upon you 
and give you power.  Then you will tell everyone
about me in Jerusalem, in all Judea, in Samaria,
and everywhere in the world."
Acts 1:9 CEV

"We are not all called to be the King's ambassadors, but all who have heard the message of salvation for themselves are called to be 'the Lord's messengers,' and day by day, as He gives us opportunity, we are to deliver 'the Lord's message' unto the people.

He who made every power can use every power - memory, judgment, imagination, quickness of apprehension or insight; specialties of musical, poetical, oratorical, or artistic faculty; special tastes for reasoning, philosophy, history, natural science, or natural history - all these may be dedicated to Him, sanctified by Him, and used by Him.  Whatever H has given, He will use, if we will let Him.  Often, in the most unexpected ways, and at the most unexpected turns, something read or acquired long ago suddenly comes into use.

We cannot foresee what will thus 'come in useful'; but He knew, when He guided us to learn it, what would be wanted for in His service.  So may we not ask Him to bring His perfect foreknowledge to bear on all our mental training and storing?  To guide us to read or study exactly what He knows there will be use for in the work to which He has called or will call us?"

I was so blessed by that reading.  Is there something you have learned that you feel was quite a waste of time?  It is not.  If God led you to it, He will use it one day for His glory.  I loved that closing sentence.  So many days the exact verse someone is looking for later in the day, I have read that very morning and can share the reference with them.  God knew I was going to need that passage, maybe not directly for a truth requiring application to my life at that moment, but to be His channel for another that He knew He was placing in my path that day.  What if I hadn't had my time with the Lord?  I would have missed the thrill of being used to be His answer to a seeking heart.  Let's face it, it's not all about me...or you either.  

Blessed Sabbath



post signature

3 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...

I am so very happy that you shared that message, Joy! Thank you! It is a gift and I receive it!

Have a beautiful sabbath, my dear friend!

Love and hugs,
Cheri

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Good thoughts today! And the last sentence reminds me of what I've heard Beth Moore say sooooo many times...."it's not about us! It's all about Him!" I pray that I can remember that today and everyday!

Jill Beran said...

SO, so good!! Thank you for sharing!! Your words remind me of this song by Jason Gray - "Nothing is Wasted". Our Redeemer wastes NOTHING!! Pray I remember that today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l26UoD-N2hA