Monday, October 7, 2013

God Answers

Alright, this is NOT the post I was starting to write earlier, but sometimes God interrupts our thoughts and plans with Himself.

After writing "Looking for Answers" yesterday on the blog, this morning I opened my devotional book and this is the VERY FIRST verse I read: "The meek will he teach his way." Psalm 25:9

Honestly, it took my breath away.  Then He continued.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5) "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth." (John 16:13)

Oh, His personal Word to me is so precious.  Yesterday I came to Him questioning and looking for answers.  Today He is promising to teach, liberally give wisdom and guide me into all truth.  I love that He doesn't view my searching with contempt or reproach.  He sees the honest longing of my heart that desires to know Him.

What do I have to do? I need to come humbly, under submission and with gentleness.  I need to ask God to give me understanding.  I need to allow His Spirit to direct my thoughts and teach me.

Oh Lord, I come to You hungry.  Hungry to know You above all.  Thank You for Your Word to me today.  May I be like those in Berea who "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so". (Acts 17:11)

post signature

No comments: