Saturday, October 12, 2013

God said...

"So when he had given him permission, Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people.  And when there was a great silence, he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, saying: " Acts 21:40

That's exactly how Acts, Chapter 21 concludes.  In the reading plan I'm using this year for my time in God's Word, that's where it ended today.  The previous verses speak warnings of arrest and Paul has just been given permission to speak.  Now I'm left wondering, what's he going to say?

Maybe it's a good place to stop this morning, as much as I would love to continue reading. A place of not knowing the outcome.  Life isn't very often nicely wrapped up in 30 minutes, as most sitcoms would have us believe.  Chapters of our lives don't always conclude quickly.  Often they are open-ended for awhile, maybe even until eternity.  We don't have all the solutions and rarely do we fully understand all the answers.

Earlier this week I was watching Season 4, Episode 3 of "Downton Abby", (yes, I'm a fan), and it left me on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next.  The expectation has me anxious for the continuation of the story.  Do I anticipate the next step the Lord has for me with such eagerness?  Am I at very least equally excited? Am I hungry for His next Word to me?

God longs to speak to us daily.  I love what it says regarding Paul.  "When there was a great silence, he spoke.."  Maybe the Lord is waiting for us to be silent long enough that He can speak and share His heart with us.

Sssshhh.  Quiet.  He's clearing His voice to speak, saying....

post signature

8 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...

"Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening."

Well said, Joy! I believe I heard him through this message but I will quiet my soul and wait for more just in case.

Thank you so much for ministering to my heart!

Cheri

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Amen Joy! I think it's hard in our day of so many different kinds of distractions, to be still and quiet and be able to hear God. Good words today as always!

penile implant said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

stem cell therapy cost in mumbai said...

Greet work thanks for share nice post...

Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile dysfunction Cost in India said...

Greetings and thank you very much for share

Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Loss Cost in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

low cost Liver cirrhosis treatment in India said...

Thank you, that was just an nice post!!!

low cost Multiple Sclerosis treatment in India said...

Thank you so much share nice article