Thursday, October 31, 2013

Undivided

"Is Christ divided?"  1 Corinthians 1:13a

Growing up I was never certain which church I'd be attending each Sunday.  With my dad "filling the gap" when Pastors were ill or on vacation, we traveled together as a family and that found us here, there and everywhere.  The denomination might change, but not the message of salvation.

At a very young age I learned about the "body of Christ".  Anyone who knows me is well aware that I am not a "denominational" girl.  If God's complete Word is being taught without apology, then I can feel at home in a variety of congregations.  That's why what I heard recently made me so happy.

Our church building is bursting at the seams.  During our summer Vacation Bible School all our rooms fill and fire regulations dictate attendance. On Tuesday nights our Kids Clubs are met with the same room restriction.  Women's Bible Studies are meeting in small groups scattered throughout the building.  Every nook and cranny is utilized.  Space is a lost commodity.

Recently it has come to my attention that our "overflow" is meeting in churches across the street from our location.  We are situated on "church corner" for lack of a better description.  Baptist, Wesleyan Methodist, Alliance and United Pentecostal mark each direction.  The need for more room was shared and doors were opened.  I can't tell you how this blesses my heart.  This his how it should be!

With Jesus Christ the Head of the church, as believers we are His body...singular. To see and hear us all working together in unity speaks volumes about our relationship with the Lord, as well as declares to a watching world that in Jesus we can all serve beside one another in love.

Christ is not divided, and neither should we be.


post signature

2 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...

I celebrate your news with you, Joy! I couldn't agree more. Our new church is so wonderful that way! They pray for other congregations every Sunday, hilighting a different one every week. Our pastor meets with fifty other pastors in our community once a month for fellowship, prayer and encouragement. I believe that more people will get saved as a result of their teamwork and humility! Jesus must be coming back soon!!! Yay!!!

Joyful said...

Cheri....your comment thrills my heart!!! Our Pastors do the same thing...pray for other congregations meeting on Sunday mornings, meet with other Pastors for prayer and encouragement etc... It's so exciting for me to see that the Lord is causing the world-wide church to come together in love. Yes...Yay!!!!