Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not One Day

"'You have abandoned the LORD, and now he has abandoned you!'" 2 Chronicles 24:20

Did that sentence make your breath catch in your throat like it did mine? The thought of being abandoned by the Lord is unimaginable. No, Lord. Please never abandon me.

Have you ever been there? Have you endured a dark night of the soul? Have you ever wondered if God had withdrawn His presence from you? You know those are just feelings...right? God's Word tells me that He will NEVER leave me or forsake me. That's a promise I can hold on to during times when God seems distant.

He is my all in all. I throw my head back and sing with unreserved passion, I can't live a day without You.





post signature

2 comments:

Tulabell said...

Thank you so much, you were reading my heart, mind, and soul! I am a new Christian and as I have been getting these "feelings" of His presence leaving and wondering if I did wrong, I now know this is the enemy trying to capture me at the most advantageous moment as he always does. I was disappointed in myself for a recent post I had on my blog when someone commented saying the post I had made bothered them. I didn't realize that my expressing the lost of His presence made it sound as if I had given up. Thank you again...

Kathy Schwanke said...

Have I ever had a dark night. I have not spoken of it in detail with anyone-very difficult, but it is true, He never left or took His love from me. I was faithless, but He is faithful & cannot disown Himself. I am one w/ Him. Satan will never overcome me with lies like that again!

Wish I would have had blogging encouragement back then.
Love you!