Monday, June 22, 2009

The Three R's

"I will repair its damaged walls. From the ruins I will rebuild it and restore its former glory." Amos 9:11

Repair. Rebuild. Restore.

Replace or put together what is torn or broken in an effort to make new. To return life.

I KNOW there are areas in me that need the touch of the Carpenter's hand. There are "damaged walls". There is an area that sits in "ruin". The "glory" has gone...but God is a resurrection God...bringing the "dead" back to life. He desires to take what is crushed, wounded and broken and bring healing and restoration.

God is speaking specifically to my heart today and reminding me of Is. 43:19, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

"JOY MAY SEEM TO PAUSE AS GRIEF TAKES ITS COURSE, BUT THOSE WHOSE BROKEN HEARTS ARE BOUND BY HIM WILL EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN."

What an encouraging word - JOY WILL BE FOUND! The following verse from Jeremiah 31:4 continues to speak healing to my heart - "You will build me up again and I will be rebuilt. I will take up my tambourine and go out to dance with the joyful!" Anyone want to go tambourine shopping?

He came to minister and mend. He came to secure and save.

Praying that the God who restores will repair and heal any brokenness in your life and my life today. "There is a time to mend". Ecc.3:7

"To heal a broken body
To mend a broken heart
To knit together healthy homes
That once lay torn apart
To glory in the praises that
His grateful children sing
These treasures are the pleasures of the King"

("The Pleasures of the King", Steve Green)

Surrendering myself to God's reconstruction and rennovation plans.



post signature

No comments: