Friday, June 12, 2009

Under the Influence

"...under the influence of his wife..." 1 Kings 21:25

If you are married, do you realize the persuassive power you have with your husband and children? God's Word even talks about how a believing wife, by her life, can win her husband for the Lord. "In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior." 1 Peter 3:1

Unfortunately Jezebel was not a good influence for Ahab. 1 Kings tells us that no one else so completely sold himself to what was evil in the LORD's sight as Ahab did under the influence of his wife Jezebel.

What kind of impact is your life making on those around you? The dear ones in your household are under your influence.



post signature

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I pretty sure I've been called a Jezebel before...

Yes we wield a powerful influence. As I see my kids grow and become, I'm ever more aware of my status as it pertains to their shaping.

God help me to do it better.

peace~elaine