Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Land

"But the tribe of Dan had trouble taking possession of their land." Joshua 19:47

This verse has a powerful, double significance for me today.

There is some new 'land' that I'm having trouble 'possessing' today. I don't want to 'possess' it. I'd rather walk away and ignore I've even seen it or know it exists, but it won't change what lies before me.

Many of you may already know the outcome of my Dad's health situation. Yesterday we received news that my Dad has dementia. I don't like this 'land'. I don't want to live there. I'd like to put it up for 'Sale' and move elsewhere. Yet, this is the land the Lord has called our family to possess.

"The tribe of Dan" also has great meaning. You see, my Dad's first name is Denzil, but for the 50 years he worked for Duplate, Canada, which was later bought out by PPG, my Dad was known there as "Dan".

The tribe of Dan is having trouble. His wife and daughters and extended family are all struggling with the unplowed ground we see before us. It is foreign territory and we don't understand the dialect.

However, the Lord goes before us. He knows the way. He will provide the strength to settle and do our best to tend to this land so that it can be as lush and beautiful as possible. We will find our homes here and cherish the life and the gift given.

"...he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." Acts 17:26

Praying the Lord will enable me to find Joy in this new land.



post signature

1 comment:

Lori said...

God is your life-preserver; HE will not leave you dear sister.
Praying for peace to shower over you.
Lori - Mesa, AZ